Pancake Day – Twice per year

November 7, 2020 Pancake Day – Drive thru Only – will occur. The hours have been reduced to 7am ’til 5pm.
Our desire to serve our community in the safest manner possible bans us from using the Parks & Rec Gym for in-house seating.
BUT — Our Fall Community Pancake Day, November 7th is ON – 7am to 5pm – Drive-thru only.

The only viable alternative directed us to do TAKE-OUT ORDERS ONLY. We will be posting news and information about the established route; we will have people directing traffic; Pancakes and sausage will be still prepared in the gym; BUT all meals will be packaged “To Go”. Syrup, butter, utensils, napkins and placemats will be packaged and included.

Purchase tickets through Kiwanis members, participating vendors, and in discounted blocks of 35. Pricing: $6 – all Advance Purchase. No Children’s pricing. Orders of 15 or more MUST be called in on the day of the event at 540-431-8475
Businesses handling tickets are: Les Veach Insurance on Jubal Early Drive, The Insurance Center on South Loudoun, Zero to 60 Cafe(Delco Plaza), Steamy’s Cafe on Piccadilly Street, Stonewall Storage and Winchester Restaurant Supply (both in Stonewall Industrial Center) and at Blue Ridge Hospice Thrift Stores (Berryville Ave, Weems Lane and Stephens City – Warrior Drive).

We have set up an area on the East side of the building in the Entry Area to distribute the take-out containers. NO WALK-UP ALLOWED. You must enter from Maple Drive on the West side of the building, around the South side of the building and into the Entry area. Traffic MUST exit through the parking lot to either Maple to the left, then North to Cork Street or through the parking lot, then to the right (East) to Bridgeforth Drive. You CANNOT drive in through the parking lot!

We thank you for your past and future support of this twice-annual community event that allows the Kiwanis Club of Winchester to support children’s needs in our area. We hope each of you has been safe and healthy. We will be posting any news here and on Facebook as soon as we can.

See the wonderful report done in 2017 by Hagerstown’s TV Channel – WGN. Click here: 2017 Fall Pancake Day in words and video.

The Story of Winchester Kiwanis Pancake Day
Pancake Day is a community event that was started in 1957 – over 50 years and more than 700,000 pancakes ago! Our current volume of attendees is just over 6000 happy and satisfied (stuffed) pancake and sausage lovers. Although the locations have changed over the years, the commitment to the community has not. Fifteen percent of the net proceeds of each event – Spring and Fall – are designated as major gifts to local organizations that serve children and their families based on our Kiwanis motto: “Improving our community, one child at a time”. The 2019 Spring Major Beneficiary from PCD is Blue Ridge Hospice.  They will receive 15% of the net proceeds from this event. The Fall 2018 PCD netted over $43,000 and we are hoping to hit that number again this Spring. The other 85% will be distributed to a host of local non-profit agencies during the rest of the year.

The process for you is simple – buy a ticket and enjoy the following: Pancakes (with butter and syrup) and sausage accompanied by your choices of milk, apple juice, coffee or water. AND go back for seconds, if you want more! AND meet a lot of your friends and neighbors while you are there. Your contribution helps support our community’s children.

The process for the Club is a little more involved. After getting all the tables and all the equipment set up, our early shift starts on the sausage – prep and cooking at 2:30am! The doors open at 7:00am so we can go through the following items during the rest of the day:

1600 pounds of pancake mix
2800 pounds of sausage links
160 gallons of apple juice
130 gallons of milk
Over 6,000 cups of coffee
130 gallons of pancake syrup
We don’t count the number of butter packets!
And the late crew works until well in to the night to clean up, return the room to gym status and store away all the equipment.

The overall effort takes the combined efforts of the whole Kiwanis Family: Kiwanis Club members, our sponsored youth – HS Key Clubs, Middle School Builders Clubs, the AKtion Club, and always, willing family members and friends. And our thanks to the media, who help spread the word about Pancake Day and the contribution it makes to the community.

Site design by Shared Knowledge Technical Solutions